Sep 27 2013, 1:20pm CDT | by PR.com
Saint Paul, MN, September 27, 2013 --(PR.com)-- The Department of Labor has issued the Spanish version of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) posting.
After revising the English version of the FMLA posting in February 2013 to include important changes regarding the expansion of coverage of job-protected FMLA leave for families of eligible veterans and airline personnel and flight crews, the Department of Labor has released the Spanish-language version.
The Spanish version is strongly recommended for employers with Spanish-speaking employees who are subject to the FMLA (“covered employers”):
· Private employers with 50 or more employees
· Public agencies
· Public or private elementary or secondary schools
GovDocs, Inc. includes the revised Spanish-version as part of the Spanish Federal-on-One poster, which is available to large employers with 50 or more locations as part of their automatic Spanish Update Program, which covers both the State and Federal levels. With a subscription for each posting location, companies stay updated with all mandatory State and Federal posting changes.
The English-language FMLA posting is required for all covered employers who have any employees eligible for FMLA leave. Covered employers also must provide employees with the same posting information through an employee handbook or other written materials to explain leave and benefits.
What Changed in the 2013 FMLA Posting?
The most significant changes were:
· Inclusion of language in the Military Family Leave Entitlements section that describes the Act's expanded coverage for employees who provide care to injured or ill veterans no longer in active military service.
· Clarification that FMLA definition of "serious injury or illness" may differ from "serious health condition".
· Added flight crew employees who meet specific requirements to employees eligible for FMLA benefits and protections.
Large employers rely on GovDocs to eliminate unnecessary spending on labor law posting compliance. GovDocs provides ongoing compliance coverage for more than 265,000 employment locations in the U.S. and Canada. Customers include:
· The world’s largest employer
· 25 percent of Fortune 50 companies
· 20 percent of the Top 50 retailers
Contact via Email
Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/518415
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
blog comments powered by Disqus